Moxie Shorts 47 – another week, another installment of Moxie Shorts. My life in bullet points for the week. Stuff that I probably won’t blog about separately but still wanted to share with you all. I guess. Hey, it’s content.
Moxie Shorts 47
- I’ve been seeing a chiropractor.
- Tried out a new planner, didn’t last a week. Went back to my Plum Paper planner that I have been using since January. I think I have found a keeper this time, for real.
- Paid off a bill.
- Attending one of my niece’s wedding this coming Saturday in Decatur.
- Have been taking extra time in the morning to pray/meditate. I really missed it!
- Been thinking about what I want to add to my home gym next.
- I’ve been making myself take two rest days per week, from working out.
- Looking forward to August being over with, my least favorite month.
- 67 more days!
Thanks for reading.
CrossFit Games 2017, Athlete Neale Currie – so this guy visited Jones Valley CrossFit in south Huntsville the other day and worked out with the 4:30 pm class. I was privileged enough to be in the same class. It’s not the first time I’ve been able to workout with CrossFit Games athletes; Eric Carmody and Shellie Edington.
CrossFit Games 2017, Athlete Neale Currie
I first met Neale when I was going through my CrossFit 101 Fundamentals class with CrossFit Impulse in Madison, Alabama. I would go in and he would be hanging out late, after a class workout, and he would be working on some sort of skill, on his own time. I used to look at him and think, “Man, this dude is C-R-A-Z-Y!”
But not only would he be working on some sort of movement on his own, he would also cheer the newbies on, I remember him encouraging us/me in one of my many first WODS in CrossFit.
We connected on Facebook, as most Crossfitters do, and when I moved to south Huntsville (and switching boxes too) I kept up with him on social media. I wasn’t surprised that he qualified for the 2017 CrossFit Games.
It was fun watching him compete, and you can catch up on all the fun too.
Masters Men (55-59)
Affiliate: CrossFit Impulse
While Neale is going to be moving on, as into another state, I wish him well as he continues his adventures with CrossFit and opening his own box soon.
Launching soon, Never Forgotten Apparel™
Founder Adam Khoda and Co-founder Melina Carson of Never Forgotten Apparel™ are launching a full lineup of all American made apparel on September 11, 2017. You can help by signing up and help spread the word. Oh, and purchasing a shirt or two on launch date would help too.
Never Forgotten Apparel™
Here’s how it works – The shirts are priced at $19.95 and for every shirt purchased, $10.00 of that cost will be donated to America’s heroes. You chose the cause you wish to support and they make sure your funds go to the right place.
Learn more at Never Forgotten Apparel™
- 40,000 veterans are homeless on any given night.
- First-responder departments are underfunded.
- For every shirt you purchase we will donate $10 to America’s heroes.
- Made by well-paid American labor.
- Launching September 11, 2017
SIGN UP AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
Well, here I am again with Moxie Shorts, installment #46. Moxie Shorts = short snippets from my life or my life in bullet points. This is what has been happening that wasn’t blog worthy so to speak.
Moxie Shorts 46
- Started a new journal/planner – SmartLife Journal. Maybe I’ll blog about it later.
- My lower back has been getting better, been going to a chiropractor. Our new mattress may have helped too.
- Now I am taking a rest day; on Tuesdays from working out and doing a lightweight WOD on Thursdays so I can let my body recover. I don’t like it but it is helping.
- I am glued to the Manhunt: Unabomber series Discovery Channel.
- Improved on my HSPU (Hand Stand Push UP) I can now do it on one ab mat with a 5lb plate on each side.
- Kipping is feeling stronger for a pull-up.
- Planning a vacation for November.
- I have a 90-day goal, using the SmartLife Journal. Again, may blog about it later.
- Got to have lunch with some of the local bloggers a few weeks ago. Nice to see everyone.
- I don’t watch the news very much anymore. Podcasts!
- Speaking of podcasts, I want to learn! Anyone? I have no clue.
- Had dinner with the extended family and some out of town friends of theirs. Fun!
- Went to Taco Mommas for the first time, see previous entry.
- The eclipse was way cooler than I had anticipated.
- I cleaned 120# the other day, hadn’t done that in a long time.