I spend a lot of time at Angel’s Island Coffee House, along with Constance Smith of Cosmopolitan Cornbread. So I was really giddy with glee when Angel’s Island asked me to be a judge in their Latte Art Throwdown.
The event went down on April 30th at 7:00PM. Three judges, five baristas, and three rounds of different designs.
Once the competition started, I got sort of nervous because there I was, a total amateur, sitting in with two other judges who knew what they were doing. They were all serious and making notes on their score cards.
But I had fun anyway. I am grateful and thankful for Angel’s Island thinking of me and including me.
- Yours Truly
- Dr. Connor Knapp, co-owner Piper & Leaf
- Mackenzie Steele – barista at wellcoffeehouse.org
The Five Baristas
- Chris Moore – owner, Grounded Coffee (in Madison)
- Dani Andrews – barista, Angel’s Island
- Jasmine Anderson – barista, Angel’s Island
- Ashley Woods – barista, Angel’s Island
- Josh Woods – former barista at Angel’s Island
This was not the first Latte Art Throwdown. The first one was hosted by Grounded Coffee in Madison back in March. I hope this is the beginning of a running series. Wouldn’t it be cool if ALL the valley’s baristas got involved? Old Towne Coffee, Southbrew Coffee, Highbrow Cold Brew, Rocket City Expresso…. Yes please.
I had a ton of fun! Can’t wait for the next one.
Thanks for reading and show me your moxie!