Recently I made an appointment at the Bobbi Brown makeup counter at Belk Bridge Street. Kathy was my makeup artist. I told her I wanted a natural everyday look. I didn’t want to spend a lot of time getting ready.
Some of the takeaways I learned:
- You do not have to set your makeup with powder.
- You can wear two different types/textures of foundation.
- Under eye corrector and concealers are two different products.
- You want to pick a bronzer in the shade closest to your neck color to pull up that natural color to your face.
- And you definitely want to wear bronzer – it also helps contour your features.
What I really wanted to learn was how to master the gel eyeliner and how to apply it with a brush.
First off, Bobbi Brown’s gel eyeliner is FABULOUS! I have tried drugstore gel liners and they are all okay but Bobbi Brown’s gel eyeliner goes on incredibly smooth! It doesn’t clump up or get stiff and it doesn’t goop up your brush.
I purchased the Bobbi Brown’s gel eyeliner (among other products) and I’ve used it the last few days. It is so easy to put on with their brush. I can put it on and it looks great; like a professional did it. I thought for sure I would have it looking like a 4-year old child put it on, with all the jagged lines and have it all over my eyelid! Ha! But it is super easy and I felt confident just after my first try.
What I purchased:
- Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Violet (Ink Gel)
- Foundation Stick
- Undereye corrector
- Eye Opening Mascara
Other products I want to go back and buy:
- Blush in Coral Sugar and Pink Quartz
- Soothing Cleansing Oil
- Hydrating Face Tonic
- Extra Eye Repair Cream
- Repair Moisturizing Balm
- Eyeshadow in the color Espresso
- Creamy lip
- Lip Gloss
Here I am wearing my new Bobbi Brown products.
Thank you to Kathy, the makeup artist who taught the lesson. We Periscoped the beginning of the lesson and she was so professional explaining everything she was doing.
And thank you to Constance Smith of CosmopolitanCornbread.com for showing up to take photos and videos.
Next, I want to host a Bobbi Brown Master Class for some of the lifestyle bloggers here in the Rocket City. It simply means we would book an appointment, show up and have fun playing and learning makeup and skincare lessons. I think it would be so much fun!
Ciao mio Amore,
Bobbi Brown Makeup Lesson