My invisalign – I have always hated my smile. During my entire childhood, people would constantly tell me to smile and if you see all of my past adult selfies on the internet, they are all closed-mouth.
So, at age 50-something, I finally decided to do something about it. My dentist, Dr. Rene Talbot, told me about Invisalign. She didn’t have to do much selling, I was in.
It’s been about 7-weeks since I started and I am happy with the progress so far.
Here are some of the biggest adjustments I have experienced:
- No more snacking throughout the day. I hadn’t realized how much I was snacking throughout the day until I started wearing Invisalign. And I am NOT complaining, this is a blessing in disguise!
- The little “buttons” they had to put on my teeth. I am used to it now, sort of, but when I am not wearing my Invisalign (only when I have to eat) it feels gritty and like I have food constantly on my teeth. LOL
- I have never flossed so much in my entire life. Also, another good side-effect.
- Drinking coffee through a straw.
- Chewing food, obviously I am not wearing my Invisalign when I am eating but when my teeth are moving around slowly, it changes my bite. So chewing food has become interesting.
Those five things are small and I have no complaints wih my Invisalign.
I will tell you the truth, I was skeptical at first. I was thinking, well my teeth are just too small and I will never have the big white smile. But I can tell a difference already.
View this post on Instagram
It’s only been 7-weeks and I can tell a difference already. I think I have until the rest of the year to go. I cannot wait to see the final smile!!
I am very happy so far, no regrets.