Well, we did it! We pulled off a very successful evening with the Huntsville Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau yesterday evening (June 27, 2013) with our first ever Rocket City Bloggers Meet & Greet. The Huntsville Times (al.com) was there and some of the bloggers were interviewed – see the article HERE.
Our Valley Events was there doing their thing, canvassing the local bloggers and helping to promote our event. All types of businesses showed up to learn what this blogging thing is all about. I believe we made some great connections too. Rocket City Mom gave away a month’s worth of free advertising and it went to a friend of mine who is in real estate. They hit it off immediately too, once they were properly introduced.
We also had some local celebrities join us as well – Christy Jordan of The Southern Plate fame; WHNT’s meteorologist Jennifer Watson was on hand to chat it up with everyone. Randy Lee, local musician and songwriter, also made an appearance.
The event registration was about 50 people but more than that showed up. I am so thrilled with the success of last night’s event. There is talk of hosting this every so often at different venues throughout Huntsville so stay tuned for more information.
I was so honored that Wade Kwon and Javacia Bowser came up from Birmingham to be a part of our little shindig. Javacia Bowser runs See Jane Write and her magazine goes live on July 1 and I am so excited for her! Wade Kwon is a communications consultant in Birmingham and is the Director of Y’all Connect. Y’all Connect is a one-day blogging conference that is geared towards the storytelling of corporate culture. An event that I am going to attend. Wade also generously donated a ticket to this event for one of our giveaways. Thank you Wade.
I’d like to especially thank the Huntsville Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau for having all of us and co-hosting this event. Without them we would not have been able to do this and bring something like this to our community.
Other thanks goes out to 3Skillets who catered the event and to Jeff White Photography for making us all look beautiful! You can view the photos at www.clicksfoto.com – click on Private Parties – and scroll down to find Rocket City Bloggers. Password is rocketcitybloggershsv
Please enjoy some of my very own photos that I took of the evening. By the way, I will be ordering some prints from Jeff White. He did such an outstanding job – what a professional! Very impressive Jeff. Thank you.
Anyway, thank you to everyone who came out to our event last night. I had a blast! Let’s do it again.
UPDATE: I’ve been asked to include some links to the Rocket City Bloggers who donated door prizes for the giveaways. So, here they are:
- Jennifer Garlen from Virtual Virago donated her book, BEYOND CASABLANCA: 100 CLASSIC MOVIES WORTH WATCHING, along with 4 tickets to the Tennessee Valley LEGO Club show that was held that weekend.
- Amanda Conger of The Dining Dragon gave way two $25.00 gift certificates; one for Nick’s Ristorante and the other for New Markt BBQ
- Rocket City Mom gave away a month of free advertising on their site.
- Terri Dailey from Simply Saving Fashion came along with season passes to Comic Science Improv.
- Joe Martin from Huntsville Adventure Boot Camp for Women gave away not one but two $75.00 gift certificates to his fantastic boot camp.
- Kathryn Lang, a local area published author gave away a copy of each of her books.
- Lawanda Stevenson from As The Wind Blows donated a Nothing Bundt Cake and a gift bag of hair care products.
And I think that’s it, I hope I haven’t forgotten anyone.
Writer. Blogger. Baptizing the ordinary and mundane with my very own vein of levity. CarolAnnMarks.com