I see this in my future. I think I’d love to downsize, sell everything and buy an RV to travel and live in for our retirement future.
RV Retirement Living, My Future
The Gent probably doesn’t think I am serious. Oh, but I am. I could totally do this. As long as I have wi-fi, or internet connection, I’m good.
I remember traveling and camping RV-style with my grandparents during summer months. It was a lot of fun. Now, I know camping out as a child in an RV is quite different from being an adult living out my golden years in an RV. Still, this sounds ideal for my future.
- My heart is not tied down to any one geographical location.
- My parents, divorced for decades now and live in separate states, this would be ideal for me to travel to and fro checking in on them.
- It may soothe my wanderlust and gypsy heart to just know that I could pick up my house and move at any time without a lot of hassle.
- We could travel or stay put for any amount of time.
- A lot less to take care of and clean. In general, less to worry about.
- Cost of living would be less, I’m sure.
- All the closeness one can stand with your significant other. 😉
Anyway, those are some of the reasons and/or benefits I think of when I think of RV-living. And that is definitely something I want to consider for our future.
Just look at this YOUNG couple living the RV-lifestyle: RV Wanderlust I found by Googling RV travel and lifestyle. I am so glad I came upon them on the Net.
“Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” -Author Unknown
Definitely words to live by, and we’ve taken them to heart. On Friday, February 21, 2014, we locked the front door of our stick and brick home for the last time and started our full-time RV journey.
We chose this lifestyle not to escape life, but so that life doesn’t escape us.
We have wanderlust to the extreme and hope you do too. If you are living vicariously through us, don’t hesitate to ask us questions. If you are on the fence about the lifestyle, feel free to poke and prod us.
[…more about RV Wanderlust ….]
Oh, I’ll be prodding, for sure.
Until we are able to get out there and do this ourselves, I will be living vicariously through RV Wanderlust.
I’ve talked about this with other people, brought it up in casual conversation, and I am not the only one daydreaming this way of living. There are others out there.
What about you? Do you have retirement dreams and schemes?
Thanks for reading and show me Your Moxie!