Just going to give you all a little heads up on how I plan to use my social media channels in the New Year. First of all, I plan on only using a few; Facebook Page, Google +, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
I have an on-off relationship with Pinterest. One day I’m all up in there liking stuff, pinning and repinning, even commenting! Then other days I’m all like, “eh.”
For the life of me, I can’t explain the obsession with Pinterest. But it is so cool! Sometimes.
For me, it’s fun but I can live without it too. I understand pinning to a board so you can save it for later. You know where you put stuff, easy to find later when you want to view it again. You can categorize things. This is probably the main reason I do like Pinterest. There is nothing I don’t like about Pinterest but as I said before, I can take it or leave it.
At any rate, here are my labels for the boards I have created on Pinterest.
- Products I Love (self-explanatory)
- Favorite Places and Spaces (places I’d like to travel/visit)
- Books Worth Reading (self-explanatory)
- My Style Board (clothes, jewelry, and other accessories)
- For The Home (decorating ideas, furniture, cool ideas)
- Writing (cool things related to writing; notebooks, quotes)
- The Coveted (great fashion looks from Jennine Jacbos)
- Rocket City Bloggers (local bloggers blogs)
- Rome, Italy
- Quotes & Inspiration
- Total Cuteness (I don’t even know why I have this one)
- Want (lusty stuff, fun)
- DIY (this is where I’ve figured out how to really use Pinterest)
Okay, now that I have all of my labels laid out here where I can see them in writing I realize that I’ve been using Pinterest wrong. Keep in mind I created most of these boards when I first signed up and really had no idea what I was doing over there and before I knew what the purpose of Pinterest really was.
Because I mean really, why do I need a board labeled Total Cuteness? What is on that board that I need to save and reference in the future?
Now, though, I want to use Pinterest to save ideas and DIY projects. Have a place to store great Internet finds whether it is a simple craft project to a recipe to a new designer.
Oh well, it is fun though. Follow me on Pinterest. And as soon as I figure out how to follow you back I’ll do it.