For a few years in a row now I have tried to do a special birthday post. It’s usually a list of things that I have learned or a combination of things I already know/believe and things I’ve learned along the way. Also, things I’ve accomplished or places I’ve visited.
So may I introduce to you my 53 things blog post. Happy birthday to me.
Apparently, I skipped last year, so here’s a link to 51 things.￼
1) I believe in God.
2) ￼I am not special.￼
3) I need vitamins/supplements.
4) No longer do I have big huge dreams and ambitions but I long for the simple life.
5) I am addicted to my phone.
6) I am getting used to the idea of becoming a grandma, one day, in a few more years.
7) ￼I like eight hours of sleep.￼
8) ￼People will lie to you but somehow this still surprises me.
￼9) I am physically sore pretty much all the time.
10) Living in Florida looks more and more attractive to me every day.
11) ￼￼￼My son and his girlfriend moved to Arizona but rumor has it – they are moving back at the beginning of 2020.
12) Being right is just not that important to me anymore.￼
13) While I love my garage gym, I do miss a regular group fitness class.
￼14) I am looking forward to the new year.
15) After 28 years of living in Huntsville, I have finally realized that this will be my forever home.
￼￼16) I think I would be very happy with a barista job.
17) I need to spend more time with my girlfriends, the YaYas.
18) Saw Billy Joel in concert in Texas and it was fabulous￼.
19) Completed a Tough Mudder in Nashville Tennessee.
20) Switched jobs, again.
21) ￼Was honored by the Alabama Fashion Alliance this year.￼
22) Did Invisalign.￼
23) Got to see John Crist at Stand Up Live.
24) Enjoyed way too many Memes this year.￼
25) My daughter got engaged.
￼26) My family from Ohio came down to visit me.￼
27) Flew down to Miami for a day of training, car business. ￼
28) Started a podcast. With my daughter.￼￼
29) Joined Squad Fitness two days a week; trial period to see if I like it. So far, so good.
30) I have mapped out the new year, 2020, of things I would like to do.
31) I have binged-watched a lot of Netflix and Amazon Prime.￼￼
32) This last year has revealed more and more what is important to me and I have let go of a lot of crap.￼￼
33) I still love cake.
34) ￼ I am enjoying and appreciating the little things in life.￼
35) I am also quite appreciative of this past year being very low-key.￼
36) Happy to have made new friends this year.
￼37) More family time, less things.￼
38) My pet peeves are still strong.￼
39) Discovered orange vanilla Coca-Cola. ￼
40) Changed my make-up and skin care.￼ Wearing less make-up and I think I finally found a look.
41) Was able to stick with one planner for the whole year!!! ￼
42) I think I have decided I want a used Honda next year when I turn in my BMW lease.
43) ￼Started programming my own workouts.
￼44) I think I have taken my word of the year, SLOW, to heart and learned how to do just that, taking it slow.￼ And now, to come up with a new word for 2020. I think I already know what it will be.
45) ￼￼I love Twitter.
46) I have grown to like and trust President Trump, and hope he gets re-elected. I will be voting for him this time.
47) ￼Saw Impractical Jokers, a.k.a. The Tenderloins, at the VBC this year.￼
48) Was given tickets to Postmodern Jukebox when they were here in Huntsville, so we saw them as well. Thank you Scott Allen. ￼ ￼
49) Probably spent way too much money on Bang coffee.￼￼
50) Cutting back on things I think I need or want.
51) I think I will actually set some resolutions for 2020, normally I don’t but I think I will this year.
52) I am determined to get a handstand walk before I turn 54. I have a plan. You can follow along on Instagram.
53) I hope to do more YouTube videos, other than workout videos but more like coffee chats or car ride alongs or of other things.