A few days ago, I wrote a little bit about Nora Ephron and it reminded me of a documentary that I had not yet watched called Everything Is Copy. So the other night, I watched it. Towards the end, it mentions her list titled What I Will Miss.
What I Will Miss
In the documentary it mentions the two lists she made at the end of her last book, I Remember Nothing. The two lists were titled, What I Will Miss; What I Won’t Miss.
I do remember reading the book and seeing those lists in it.
So this got me to thinking about my own lists. If I made similar lists, what would be on them? I came up with a few things.
Let’s start with a small sampling of what I will NOT miss:
- Huntsville drivers, or traffic in general
- Cantaloupe and cottage cheese
- Waiting in lines
- Wearing a bra
- Shaving parts of my body
- Extremely hot and humid weather
- The news and its elitist anchors and opinion pieces
- People feuding
- Ridiculous hashtags in the name of some sort of “social” justice
- People who take themselves way too seriously
- Attempted hugs from strangers
And now for some things I WILL miss and it’s not a comprehensive list:
- Hiking with my kids
- The Gent
- Family and friends
- Getting massages and my nails done
- Hot showers
- Binge watching RomComs
- Working out
- Nora Ephron’s Linguine alla cecca
- Blogging and podcasting
- Coffee in bed
- Oversized soft sweaters and leggings
- Pumpkin spice
- Old photos, and they can be anyones old photos
- Planning in my planner
- That feeling of achievement after doing something when you were afraid but doing it anyway.
Again, not an all-inclusive list but it’s a start. Also, if I took the time I could probably break these down and get some well thought out blog posts. Even pumpkin spice, I could probably compose something thoughtful on. It sounds like it could an area of responsibility for me. Someone must report on the pumpkin spice!
What would be on your lists?
Learn more about Carol Marks, the blogger.